Sunday 27 January 2013

It's not you, it's me.

It's been a funny month or so.

I'm a long term car owner. I buy, over maintain if anything and sell only after a few years have passed. But little over a month after her arrival, Suki is gone to a new home.



It was a short time together, many things impressed like the feel of the gearchange and the impressive driveability of the engine right through the rev range, if anything the Vtec kick was disappointing such is the strength of the engine in the lower revs.



A few things grated a little, I'm not so sure Honda spent enough time getting the gearing right and setting up 5th and 6th to make motorway cruising more civilised would not have been a huge concession to everyday comfort.

I also think they set the handling up a little track focused as keeping it in a straight line on an Irish backroad at hoon speeds was a constant battle, something which I believe can be dialed out of the early cars and I think Honda sorted out in later cars. I know what you're all thinking now, "blippyshifter has gone crazy and is giving out about oversteer", and you might be right on both counts  :)  But while it was fun at times, it made for nervous progress and one very twitchy sphincter! All little problems I guess, nothing that time behind the wheel and more experience with Suki couldn't have sorted out eventually.



Unfortunately for me however, there was somebody else. Suki had a fling on the side one evening at Cars and Coffee, and she was always somebody else's after that spin. I wish them the best of luck together  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment